Position: Outreach & Communication Volunteer
Organization: Nova Scotia Environmental Network
Location: work remotely from anywhere in Nova Scotia
The Communications Volunteer is responsible for managing and growing NSEN’s online presence by creating, curating, and posting engaging content across all of our social media platforms, as well as assisting with traditional communications and media relations tasks. The role will also include work in event planning, fundraising, and building new partnerships.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Managing NSEN’s communication: responding to Facebook messages, responding to emails, creating content for website
- Creating, curating, and scheduling/posting engaging content on Facebook and Twitter
- Overseeing the content and distribution of our e-newsletter
- Writing and/or sourcing environmentally-themed content for the website
- Assisting with event planning, fundraising, and other duties as needed
Attendance of monthly NSEN board meetings is mandatory. These meetings can be down by Google Hangouts.
This is a remote position – we welcome candidates from anywhere in Nova Scotia to apply.
Good to Have:
- Previous experience scheduling and posting social media and creating e-newsletters, preferably for a non-profit or social enterprise
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well independently without much supervision or as part of a team
- Ability to use and familiarity with Hootsuite, WordPress, Mailchimp, Facebook
- Experience in graphic design, photography, and/or videography, an asset
- Positive attitude and team spirit!
- Openness to ask questions and clarifications when needed
- Organized & detail-oriented worker
Volunteers are expected to commit to approximately 8-12 hours per week on an ongoing basis.
If you are interested in being a part of the NSEN team, please email your resume and cover letter outlining your passions and skills as they relate to this opportunity to Megan MacLeod, Communications Coordinator, NSEN at email@example.com .
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
Please include your First and Last Name and Communications Volunteer in the subject line of the email 🙂